Hyper-V TODO file

KY Srinivasan kys at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 2 19:47:12 UTC 2011

Greg, I think if I understand you correctly, the id parameter to the probe function
would be pointing to relevant entry in the hv_vmbus_device_id array. Since the driver
can handle multiple ids (guids), we need to either in the driver specific probe function or
in the bus specific probe function,  figure out which of the many devices the driver
supports is being probed. I have couple of implementation options and would appreciate
your preference:

1) Do the guid parsing at the vmbus level parsing function. If I go this route, the driver specific probe
function would get an extra parameter as you have described in pseudo code.

2) Do the guid parsing in the util probe function. In this case, we don't need to change the signature for
the probe function as all the id information is available in the (util) driver.

I personally would prefer the second approach since it does not affect other drivers (no need to change
the signature for the probe function). Let me know how you want me to proceed here.

Regards,

K. Y