et131x: Moving the et131x driver out of staging? (a.k.a. filling up the TODO list again)

Francois Romieu romieu at fr.zoreil.com
Fri Oct 7 23:28:42 UTC 2011

Mark Einon <mark.einon at gmail.com> :
[...]
> I'd like to propose moving it out of the staging area, or at least
> getting some review comments regarding what work is still needed.

Is there a chance we could have a single file driver - may be with a .h for
the registers layout ? It should be less than 200kbytes, especially if
forward declarations go away.

rx_ring.fbr{0, 1} can probably share a common structure.

Use of kmem_cache seems a bit unusual.

Use dma_alloc_... in place of pci_alloc_...

It's too late stopping the tx queue when there is no room for the current
packet. The condition should be detected for the next packet.

PCI_VDEVICE would not hurt.

My 0.02 € (whatever the CDS spread).

--
Ueimor