Marvell D2Plug

saeed bishara saeed.bishara at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:13:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM, saeed bishara <saeed.bishara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:13:28AM +0300, saeed bishara wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>   unfortunately the D2plugs that we ordered will be available only at
>>> end of June :( .
>>
>> Ok, no rush then, let us know when we should start working on this.
>>
>> Oh, you were supposed to send a list of what drivers are needed
>> specifically, right?
> yes, I'll send it next week.
Hi all,
here is the list of the drivers/features the need to be added to mainline.
so far, Jaya Kumar will take the lcd, Jason will take the openocd &
power management. and Kostap (working at marvell) will take the soc
clocks and idt clocks.

cpu specific:
- add support for openocd
- add support for iperf/oprofile
arch specific:
- soc clocks
- idt clock generator driver
- power management (cpuidle, cprufreq, suspend to dram, suspend to disk)

drivers:
- LCD. Marvell's implementation at drivers/video/marvell/. the
in-kernel pxa168 should re-used here.
- Disaply driver for the adi9889 (HDMI transmitter). Marvell's
impelmentation at drivers/video/display/adi9889
- Audio I2S. controller similar to Kirkwood, need to reuse the
sound/soc/kirkwood/.
- Audio AC97. controller similar to pxa socs. need to reuse the pxa2xx
sound driver.
  (the D2Plug doesn't use this interface)
- Camera, controller similar to the Cafe pci card. need to reuse cafe_ccic.
  (the D2Plug doesn't use this interface)
- NAND, controller based on pxa nand. but alot of features needed.
Marvell's implementation:
arch/arm/plat-orion/mv_hal_drivers/mv_hal/nfc/mvNfc.*
drivers/mtd/nand/orion_nfc_hal.c

- USB host mode supported, need to support dove specific phy settings.
Marvell's implementation drivers/usb/host/ehci-orion.c
- USB device mode, should reuse the fsl_usb2_udc as it seems we have same ip.

- I2C, supported by i2c-mv64xxx. new few features needed. Kostya
already posted patches for it
- Thermal sensor. new driver needed, Marvell's implementation
arch/arm/mach-dove/hwmon.c
- Sata, supported by sata_mv
- Giga, supported by mv643xx_eth
- PCIe, supported by arch/arm/plat-orion/pcie.c
- Xor engine, supported by drivers/dma/mv_xor.c
- SDIO: sdhci compatible
- RTC: supported by mv-rtc

- power Management, almost for all drivers.

saeed