Information about Android Logger

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue May 17 17:14:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 07:00:36PM +0200, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> Dear Mr. Kroah-Hartman,
>
> 2011/5/17 Greg KH <greg at kroah.com>:
> > On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 05:12:16PM +0200, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> [...]
> > Yeah, that's the main problem with the android code, and why it is not
> > in the staging tree at this time :(
>
> I'm just curious: Which are the mandatory changes to mainline Android
> logger on the kernel side?

I don't remember much, but I think it involved at the least moving the
device node for the logger to use the "standard" kernel logging
kernel/user interface.

At worse case, all of the code could go away and the normal logging
interface be used, after it would be fixed up to handle the special
needs that warrented the creation of the android logger code in the
first place.