Information about Android Logger

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun May 15 21:58:09 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:14:24PM +0200, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would want to work a little on the Android logger driver. The first
> goal would be to have it again in the staging area. Do you have any
> suggestion about this?

If you are willing to maintain it, and make the changes necessary to get
it merged into the mainline kernel, which for this driver entails also
making userspace changes to the tools using this driver, then great,
we'd be glad to have it back.

But if you aren't able to do all of this, then it really doesn't make
sense to merge it back into the main tree, right?