Problem in vt6655 driver

Piotr Kaczorek piotrkaczorek at bluetrace.eu
Fri May 13 13:46:56 UTC 2011

I'm using vt6655 driver from 2.6.38 kernel for my wifi card. It's set up
as access point (using modified script from VIA's native drivers -
attached in package).

I'd like to know if there is a possibility to run this card in monitor
mode? It would be best if I could run AP and monitor modes at the same
time (maybe on separate interfaces?).

I also found a problem with sent packets. My setup is quite strange - my
AP doesn't give access to the internet but substitutes any request with
my page hosted on AP itself (kind of captive portal).
There is a dnsmasq set to provide DHCP and DNS pointing to hotspot
itself. All packets coming from eth1 are intercepted by iptables (-A
PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.100.1:8180).
On port 8180 i have nginx serving website.
The page is sent correct but images seem to break while being sent (on
mobile phones i can't see them in the browser or can see only part of
them, on windows however whole content is sent correctly).
I attach packet dumps from three devices i'm testing it on -
SonyEricsson P1i (Opera Mobile), BlackBerry Curve 8520 (their native
browser) and laptop with Window VIsta installed (FF4.0). Each contains
one request to some 'made up' url.