Status of MIPS on 3.0.0-rc6 kernel

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:51:11 UTC 2011

On 14 July 2011 13:08, Roland Vossen <rvossen at broadcom.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> The (defconfig) mips kernel fails to build, with the error message:
>
> arch/mips/kernel/i8259.c:240: error: unknown field 'resume' specified in
> initializer
>
> I read on https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/6/1/37 that Geert Uytterhoeven
> encountered the same issue on June 1st.
>
> Do you know if there are still known problems building a 3.0.0-rc6 MIPS
> kernel ?

You probably could have found that out yourself quite easily [1] ;-)

This is actually still a problem in rc7. Commit
2e711c04dbbf7a7732a3f7073b1fc285d12b369d ("PM: Remove sysdev suspend,
resume and shutdown operations") broke it.
It's probably easily fixable by just removing the offending
.resume/.shutdown lines (and their referenced functions), but I don't
know the code (or PM) enough to know if some replacement is missing
there.

Regards,
Jonas

[1] <https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/7/267>