[RFC] Move brcm80211 to mainline

Henry Ptasinski henryp at broadcom.com
Thu Jul 7 00:20:34 UTC 2011

With the latest series of cleanup patches merged in by Greg KH, I'd like to now
propose moving brcm80211 out of staging and into mainline.

Since brcm80211 in staging-next has about ~250 patches that areen't in
wireless-testing yet, I've put together a patch to add a copy of the current
sources from staging-next into wireless-testing:drivers/net/wireless/brcm80211.

The patch is somewhat large, so I've posted the patch at:

	http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/brcm80211?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=0001-wireless-testing-add-brcm80211.patch

Only the necessary Kconfig and Makefile adjustments have been made (the sources
are unchanged from what's currently in staging-next).

- Henry