what is going on with the westbridge code in the kernel?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Jul 6 23:54:40 UTC 2011

Hi David,

I noticed that it has been quite a while since you last submitted a
patch for the drivers/staging/westbridge/ code in the kernel tree
(October 5, 2010 to be exact.)

Part of being in the staging tree involves the constant development of
the code to be reworked into something that is acceptable for merging
into the mainline kernel.  As it seems like the development of this has
stalled, should I just delete the driver for now?

If you ever pick it up again in the future, it is trivial to revert the
deletion and continue on with it.

Or are you going to start working on it again?  If so, what are your
plans?

Let me know what you want me to do.