OOM panics with zram

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Oct 5 23:43:00 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 02:41:09PM -0400, Nitin Gupta wrote:
> Also, please do not use linux-next/mainline version of compcache. Instead
> just use version in the project repository here:
> hg clone https://compcache.googlecode.com/hg/ compcache

What?  No, the reason we put this into the kernel was so that _everyone_
could work on it, including the original developers.  Going off and
doing development somewhere else just isn't ok.  Should I just delete
this driver from the staging tree as you don't seem to want to work with
the community at this point in time?

> This is updated much more frequently and has many more bug fixes over
> the mainline. It will also be easier to fix bugs/add features much more
> quickly in this repo rather than sending them to lkml which can take
> long time.

Yes, developing in your own sandbox can always be faster, but there is
no feedback loop.

sad,