Driver for Realtek ALC56xx codec needed

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Mon May 24 12:30:42 UTC 2010

* Kevin McKinney <klmckinney1 at gmail.com> [2010-05-22 10:58]:
> I have been following this and several mailing list for 3 years, and I am
> actually looking for a device driver to develop for my final project for my
> masters degree. I have been studying the hotplug and USB projects and
> looking at the ALSA subsystem.  I would like to have the opportunity to
> develop this driver if it is not already in progress.  This would be a
> perfect fit!

Great, Kevin!

I wanted to mention that Arnaud Patard has cleaned up the existing
driver a little bit in the meantime, so it makes sense to use that as
as basis rather than the link I posted previously.

Here's Arnaud's version:
http://www.rtp-net.org/misc/patches-kirkwood-audio/alc56xx.patch

--
Martin Michlmayr