Volunteers needed to cleanup xgifb driver

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 14:57:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Il 06/07/2010 15:22, Arnaud Patard (Rtp) ha scritto:
> Martin Michlmayr<tbm at cyrius.com>  writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Arnaud Patard recently submitted the xgifb driver for the XGI Z7,
>> Z9 and Z11 PCI chips to the staging tree but it needs a lot of work
>> before it can move out of staging.  I'm looking for volunteers who
>> would like to work on this.
>
> That's great. I didn't expect so many answers so quickly :)
> I tend to use a quilt patchset in a git rather than a full kernel tree
> but I'm not sure if it going to make happy everyone. At least, now that
> some personal troubles (but not all :/) are over, I'll try to setup
> something asap so we can start working all together.

in the meantime guys (hopefully with shiny new boards :), could you
please take a look at the two series of patches i've sent on June 5th to
lkml? patches are in patchwork from

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/104468/

and from

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/104494/

Then there were a couple more mails in this list about xgifb:

This one by Dan Carpenter which reports some issues found by smatch:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kernel-janitors/msg05261.html

and this patch by Kulikov Vasiliy with compile warnings also fixed in my
series, a bit differently wrt XGIfb_pdc hunk:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kernel-janitors/msg05210.html

thanks,
riccardo