Problem with auto-detecting a HV environment from within Linux

Haiyang Zhang haiyangz at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 26 19:07:14 UTC 2010

Thanks for your help! I have applied the two patches -- auto loading of hv_vmbus works fine after a space was inserted into the DMI strings ("Microsoft Corporation", "Virtual Machine").

Also, according to our Hyper-V team, we have no plan to change the virtual VGA card id and DMI info.

Thanks,

- Haiyang