Merging OLPC XO-1 DCON driver to mainstream kernel tree?

Raymond Lai airwave209gt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:15:27 UTC 2010

Ooops. Let's try again.
----
Had ran through a little comparison between OLPC's 2.6.31 source

http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-2.6/tree/?h=olpc-2.6.31

with the mainstream kernel source, version 2.6.31-12

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.31.y.git;a=tree;hb=5e20b95750867086fff98e5c3eaa00c3bc01d8ee

and I saw the difference is only in gxfb_core.c and lxfb_core.c
regarding the configuration flag, i.e.

CONFIG_OLPC -> |CONFIG_OLPC_XO_1

so I think efforts required for the Geode driver is very little.

OTOH, I think making the changes on the OLPC sources regarding XO-1
support back to the mainstream is necessary before getting the DCON
driver back. Simply merge the DCON driver but keep the configuration
flag CONFIG_OLPC is not a good idea.

I actually had made the changes on my own. I only added changes related
to XO-1 only, as I don't own a XO-1.5 yet that I cannot test it. I can
send it in along with the DCON driver integration patch when I get back
to work tomorrow. Otherwise I'll simply compile the kernel off the
source pulled off OLPC's git.

regards,
Raymond|