Merging OLPC XO-1 DCON driver to mainstream kernel tree?

Andres Salomon dilinger at queued.net
Mon Feb 22 21:41:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:53:18 +0800
Raymond Lai <airwave209gt-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> I'm a OLPC XO-1 owner from HK. Out of boredom and fun I decided to
> make this little green baby to run Ubuntu (OK, OK...), with the help
> of various resources on the net, especially wiki.laptop.org.
>
> On the way of preparing the kernel, I wonder why the DCON driver (as
> on http://git.infradead.org/geode.git) wasn't merged back to the
> mainstream kernel tree? At the end, I did the changes on my own, and
> I'm able to compile the kernel with DCON support added.

It was waiting on CS5535 GPIO changes.  Those changes are now upstream.

> I can submit a patch for such changes with the sources on kernel.org.
> But a few questions...
>
> - Should I?

Maybe.  It could certainly live in the staging tree while we do
cleanups, and while the OLPC folks do their XO-1.5 changes.  Greg, what
do you think? We have the full (git) history for the dcon driver;
should I clean those up and provide a staging tree for you to pull
from, or would you prefer the current driver w/out the history?