New developer for RTL2832U DVB device

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 23:02:54 UTC 2010

Good day,

I would like to volunteer, to bring into the kernel, the support for
Realtek DVB hardware.

I need a word from Realtek about driver that is a direct port of windows
driver.

I need to know that if it is released under GPL compatible  licence,
which isn't clear today.

Also I would like to access to newer revisions of this driver to keep up
with the code, so that my future driver won't be out of date.

And I need datasheets. Datasheets will save me a lot of time, time I
would have to spend reverse engineering not obvious parts otherwise.

For example, while reworking IR support to use ir-core, I run info few
issues that are likely to be fixable using a different register setup.

I don't ming agreeing to non written NDA, that is you gave me datasheets
privately and ask me not to distribute them. I won't.
Actually I have few datasheets already obtained that way.

In this mail, I tried to CC few developers that have shown an interest
in this driver.

I also CCed few realtek employees whose addresses I could find in mail
archive. I really do hope for an answer (don't mind if it is private).

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky