New staging driver for Realtek RTL8192 USB device

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon Aug 30 03:20:25 UTC 2010

Greg,

Realtek has finally given me permission to submit the driver named r8712u for
the RTL8192 USB device.

My first question is how do you want to get the info. I have it in a git tree at
kernel.org if you want to pull from there, otherwise, I can generate a single
massive patch, or a set of smaller patches. Please advise me.

A second question will be how to handle the driver for this device that is now
in drivers/staging/rtl8192su/. My suggestion would be to remove it, but I'll
leave that to you.

Larry