batman-adv: design suggestions

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 14 17:10:57 UTC 2010

On Saturday 14 August 2010 18:19:15 Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> > Note: This document is neither complete nor up to date. Writing proper
> > documentation for the routing protocol is on our long ToDo list.
>
> Do you plan to register it as RFC/IEEE/whatever when linux batman-adv
> implementation is stabilized? Or you plan to improve it somehow? :)

As you could see we already made the first "registration" attempt when we wrote
the RFC draft. Unfortunately, we neither have the academic background nor the
lobby to push things through. But help / ideas / etc are welcome. We are still
very interested in seeing this happen.

We are constantly tweaking / improving the protocol which should not hinder
such a standardization.

Cheers,
Marek