Parallel port LCD driver undocumented

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Tue Apr 13 23:13:40 UTC 2010

Hello

I was thinking about adding a LCD to my PC so I thought that the
panel.c driver which just went to 2.6.34 would be helpful.

The problem is there is no documentation. I can get quite detailed
documentation for at least some LCDs that are sold around here but
there is not enough documentation for the driver to determine if the
LCD in question would be compatible with the driver and with which
protocol.

Detailed explanation of the parameters would be appreciated. For
example, there are three parallel protocols supported but there is no
description of the difference between them.

Thanks

Michal