wireless drivers in staging

Jim Lieb jim.lieb at canonical.com
Sat Sep 19 00:55:44 UTC 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009 16:09:51 Forest Bond wrote:
> Well, I guess it depends on how far out hch's vt6656 driver is.  If it is going
> to be a few years before that driver is really usable there is probably value in
> having staging drivers that work.  Obviously, they don't intend to support the
> VT6655 part, so a working staging driver is useful there.
>
> But it really is up to you.  I'm comfortable with whatever approach you think is
> best.
>
> Thanks,
> Forest
I'm going to be at Plumber's next week and I'll find out then what is the
status of the hch driver.  Based on that, we can come to a decision.  There
is no sense duplicating effort and if I can help pull in that driver it might
make more sense to help them.  As for the mini-pci version, I added
a comment to the Launchpad bug you filed seeking comment.  If there
is no one sufficiently interested, it might be a waste of time.  Then again,
if there is pull, it might be useful to evaluate adding pci support to the
new one.  YMMV.  All this is based on what I find out next week.

Thanks for replying.

Jim
--
Jim Lieb