Update on ar9271

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 21:13:04 UTC 2009

I believe all ath9k related changes have now been completed in order
to share common hw code between ath9k and ath9k_htc. I just changed
ar9271 git tree to reflect the changes I submitted over the last week.
I also removed all already upstreamed ath9k files from the ar9271 git
tree. As of today you will need wireless-testing from today + this
patch series:

http://bombadil.infradead.org/~mcgrof/patches/ath/2009/09/all-2009-09-14v2.patch

Then run sync-upstream.sh. The wireless-testing directory is expected
to be in /home/$USER/wireless-testing/. I'm not sure when these
patches will be merged but realistically I don't expect John to merge
this series of patches until after 2.6.32-rc1 is released, so until
then grab that file and git am it.

We're on a final stretch now with ar9271 functionality -- only the
mac80211 and general upstream cleanups are required to finish.

My own next goal: write the ath9k_htc ath9k_htc_iowrite32() and
ath9k_htc_ioread32() and then start filling in mac80211 gaps.

  Luis