ath9k_htc update 2009-10-28

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:43:05 UTC 2009

Here's an update on the ath9k_htc progress (for ar9271):

Get wireless-testing:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-testing.git

I'm currently on master-2009-10-27 (git tag -l | grep master | tail -1)

wget this file:

http://bombadil.infradead.org/~mcgrof/patches/ath/2009/10/all-pending-2009-10-28.patch

and git am it:

And then get this:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/ath9k_htc.git

You can now bring up an interface. Frames are coming through and today
I'll start working on processing them. Goal is to get monitor mode
working first. Then we'll see if we can ping.

Things which could use cleaning up:

  * Typedefs -- I've removed as many as I can, some more are lingering
  * urb anchoring -- git show 51ca71b -- do something like this for
the other urbs. This is to just usb_free_urb() immediatey and let the
usb subsystem take care of freeing the urb for us once the urb's kref
is is 0, by using anchoring we prevent this, in other words as long as
we use the urb its not freed.

  Luis