ar5523 driver

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:32:23 UTC 2009

Hello,

in the hope that this driver will drive my gigaset USB stick 108
(0x129b, 0x160c) i've updated it to compile with latest git. The driver
now compiles fine, loads and unloads without problems. I've added my
device as

+       AR5523_DEVICE_UG(0x129b, 0x160c),       /* Gigaset / USB stick
108 (CyberTAN Technology) */

but the driver fails with: ar5523: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5

What does this mean? Also how do i know if my device is UG or UX?

I'm attaching the diff with kcompat* debian patches applied on top of
svn for someone with more clue than me to review and hopefully test and
apply. BTW, wouldn't be better to have the driver in staging with at
least the debian patches already applied?

thanks,
riccardo