A tablet driver question

Jiri Kosina jkosina at suse.cz
Thu May 21 08:33:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Jiri Slaby wrote:

> >> Hmm, It looks like it is a standard HID device and got registered in the
> >> input layer. Could you attach lsusb -v of that device and
> >> /proc/bus/input/devices?
> Actually I missed there is no "input" at 1673.982901, so the input is
> not claimed. You still can read the events through hidraw (or via
> deprecated hiddev).
> Jiri, any ideas? Looks like there are no useful applications. A report
> dump will tell us whether we can handle it through standard path (with
> forced connect) or it has to be handled by hidraw, am I correct?

Exactly. The device probably doesn't provide any applications that would
pass through IS_INPUT_APPLICATION() macro (see include/linux/hid.h).

We might well be extending this definition, as it is quite outdated (and
doesn't for example deal with new digitizers very well).

Report descriptor dump would absolutely be necessary (i.e. compiling the
kernel with CONFIG_HID_DEBUG and modprobing the 'hid' module with
'debug=2' parameter).

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs