Intel graphics framebuffer driver

Sergey Kvachonok ravenexp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:56:23 UTC 2009

> Why not work with the i915drm developers to provide those missing features?  That way everyone benifits.

That's not the issue.
i915 already has all the features I need, and it's actively maintained
by X11 developers.
I got involved because intelfb was abandoned for many years, and would never do
this if I knew somebody else is working on this problem.

It's just that there exists such a thing as intelfb2, and some users
find it more functional at present, so I'm asked to send it somewhere.
I don't really want learning and changing their code, because
everything is already working fine for me, and the drm-based solution
would have been ok too, if only I were more patient.

So I'm asking what to do with the code that already exists.