kernel source code browser

Matthew Fredrickson matt at fredricknet.net
Sat Jun 20 06:28:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM, hong zhang<henryzhang62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using cscope for kernel source code browser but feel not too convenient. LXR is similar to cscope.
>
> My friend uses "understand for C++" but costs $499.
> Any better browser around or cost less?

My personal preference for browsing kernel sources (and any other
sources for that matter) is using vim with ctags.  The tag extensions
for vim make it so easy to descend into structures, functions, and
anything else I'm interested in looking at, that I rarely have to muck
around with anything else.

Matthew Fredrickson