SCSI driver request

Ming Lei tom.leiming at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:55:30 UTC 2009

2009/6/5 Greg KH <greg at kroah.com>:
> New request:
>
>  SCSI driver for a "high-speed" scsi controller, with I think,
>  solid-state storage on the device.

>  We can get specs, and no NDA is required, but knowledge of the SCSI
>  layer is needed.  The device is supposed to follow the
>  "SAM3r14/SBC2r16/SPC3r23 standards" so if you know what that means,
>  that's a great first step.

I have some SCSI knowledge, and I have interests in developing the driver,
but I don't know how the SCSI controller is connected to system bus, if
by PCI/PCIE interface, I think it is not a problem for me since I only have
plain x86 box.

Another thing, Can I buy the controller easily and inexpensively from market?

Thanks.

--
Lei Ming