[How to upload our driver to "kernel.org"] Would you give me your advice?

Mithlesh Thukral mithlesh at linsyssoft.com
Mon Dec 14 12:21:36 UTC 2009

Replies are inline.

Regards,
Mithlesh Thukral

On Monday 14 December 2009 16:56:49 Alejandro Riveira Fernández wrote:
> El Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:56:23 +0900
> Masa <masa.korg at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Adding I hpe some usefull CC's
> See also: http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Our company is planning to upload our device drivers to "kernel.org".
> > And I am investigating "How to upload".
SubmittingDrivers in the Documentation/ can help you with this.
Online copy can be found at (amongst many more):
	http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.32/Documentation/SubmittingDrivers

> > Our company is developing some device drivers for new chip-set device.
> > It is not released yet, but the sample is in the test in the specific
> > company.
> >
> > I contacted kernel.org this month.
> > The man recommended this mailing-list.
> >
> > Would you give me your advice?
> > I am very glad if you help it.
> >
> > We look forward to uploading the drivers to kernel.org!
> >
> > [Our drivers]
> > We are preparing the drivers source code.
> > And we uploaded them to Sourceforge.net.
> > Please refer to below.
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/generalembedded/
> > http://generalembedded.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Our developers will turn our drivers into a patch series and to post
> > them to this mailing list.

If you intend to post the drivers as the development effort continues. so that
you can have the community feedback (and if required help) during the process
then you might in interested in Greg's Staging tree.
	http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/gregkh/patches.git;a=tree
You can base your patches to the latest kernel (or git trees of respective
maintainers) and post them to the mailing list.