RTL8192SU driver help

Dinesh Joshi dinesh.a.joshi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:48:13 UTC 2009

I installed the latest 2.6.32 kernel source. I enabled the staging
drivers and included the RTL8192SU driver. When I plugin the device,
dmesg shows that the driver cannot find the firmware: rtl8192sfw.bin.
I searched the whole kernel build but didnt find that firmware file.
Where do I look for it?

Thanks.

Dinesh