ar9271 mailing list and driver project page

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:23:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Holger
Schurig<hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de> wrote:
>> ar9271 and ar9170 seem to share a few things, one of which is
>> firmware upload. ar9271's firmware upload routine was modified
>> to make it match ar9170's as much as possible to share it on
>> ath.ko
>
> Is it true that most devices which will use ath.ko won't ever use
> firmware uploading?

For now only usb devices require firmware loading, but so does ar6k,
however I am not sure how fw upload works there so I cannot be certain
the way to upload fw will be the same as with ar9170 and ar9271.

> It's only a few Ath-USB devices, so maybe
> you could do an ath_fw.ko for this.

True, or ath_usb, or something, only thing is it might be overkill to
just have 1 fw upload routine on a module for sharing.

> (Somebody who's always working with embedded devices and likes to
> keeps small :-)

Hey thanks :)

  Luis