Divio NW802 drivers

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:03:48 UTC 2008

Hi Greg,

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 02:59:05PM +0100, Belisko Marek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to use existing code for NW800 (which is infrequently
>> updated) chip based cameras
>> and create driver for kernel tree. Problem could be how to test it
>> because I don't have a web cam with this chip. Could you make some
>> proposal how to test it?
>
> What code would you be modifying?  Is the code in the kernel tree
> already or somewhere else?

I pick this driver from out of tree drivers and driver for 2.6 kernel
already exist but it's not in kernel tree.
Code working with 2.6 kernel can be found at
http://nw802.sourceforge.net/news.html  but very infrequently updated.
Nevertheless support many webcams with
NX800 chipset and it would be good to have it in main tree. It needs
some small modifications and code cleanup.

> If you don't have a device to test with, it's going to be very hard to
> test :(
Curious is that i type mail to author of driver to ask him for check
if driver will work after modifications
and he response that he stops development because he broke his camera
with NW chipset during development :)

So it make sense to ask someone for help or should I stop it in this phase?

>> Greg could you please create a project for this driver?
>
> I'll need more information first...
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Thanks