TW6800 based video capture boards

Domenico Andreoli cavokz at gmail.com
Mon May 26 15:41:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 12:15:13PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> > I have also some thoughts for bttv-risc.c. What is it? It is used
> > to generate any RISC op-codes to be downloaded on the board? It seem
> > responsible for DMA operations.
>
> Yes, that's the idea. Those chips have a set of risc instructions that needed
> to be loaded. Those risc code will command data send, via DMA, to the
> motherboard.

It looks that also TW6800 has this machinery with similar instructions.
I could start an all-private risc file and let see what happens as
time flows.

> bttv, cx88 and cx23885 drivers share the same risc code,
> provided by btcx-risc.c. bttv-risc.c has some code that is specific for bttv.

btcx-risc.c is not modified bby the upstream patch.

> If you are willing to write a new driver, I suggest you to use a more modern
> driver as a model. I would suggest you to take cx88 as a model.

great ;)

ciao,
Domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50