Kernel Programming Questions

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri May 23 22:00:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 02:32:46PM -0600, Vadim Klishko wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Could anyone please tell me what functions I could call from a Linux kernel module to:
>
> 1) dynamically load a library,

None.

> 2) get the address of an exported function,

None.

> 3) unload the library?

None.

None of these things are things that you should do from within a kernel
module.

> Also, what are the functions that would allow me to read from and
> write to a binary or text file from within a kernel module?

None, this is not what a kernel module should ever be doing.

Let's turn it around the other way, what are you trying to achieve that
makes you think the above things are necessary to do?

> Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

The kernelnewbies mailing list and wiki covers the above topic in great
detail if you wish to understand why you should not be doing any of the
above from within the kernel.