on patch "DVB: add firesat driver" in staging.git

Manu Abraham manu at linuxtv.org
Sun Jun 15 21:23:59 UTC 2008

Stefan Richter wrote:
>> This means that firesat needs to be ported to the new stack
>> eventually. The question remains if that should be done before
>> mainline submission or after.  I tend to the latter,
>
> http://forum.digital-everywhere.com/viewforum.php?f=34 shows that people
> are eager to test the driver.  One user even posted an own small fixup
> patch there.  I.e. we should get it into mainline sooner rather than
> later.  A conversion to the new firewire stack would be easier after
> mainline merge anyway, from the development POV.

Currently as it stands, the driver is usable, AFAICS. Albeit the
conversion to the new Firewire stack would be a nice thing to be done.

> Mauro, did the status regarding the driver's interface with the DVB
> subsystem change since your comment in April?
> http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/devel/2008-April/000382.html

FWIW, He is not the DVB subsystem maintainer and has almost no practical
knowledge about it, least his comments be taken seriously into some
development stage.

Regards,
Manu