[ANNOUNCE] linux-staging tree created

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Wed Jun 11 09:50:34 UTC 2008

Benny Halevy wrote:
> Greg,
>
> The OSD initiator (see
> http://git.open-osd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=open-osd.git;a=summary)
> looks in principle like a great fit for linux-staging.

The patches are not yet there, Benny. They are currently
out-of-tree here:
http://git.open-osd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=osd-lib.git;a=summary

It will take me until end of next week to separate them into
a consumable patchset. Which will also move them in-tree.

> What would be the mechanics of including it?

I want to send them to linux-scsi-ml and also To: Greg KH
Requesting to be included in "linux-staging tree". Is that
sufficient?

> Benny

Boaz

> On Jun. 10, 2008, 22:05 +0300, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
>> Oh great, not yet-another-kernel-tree, just what the world needs...
>>
>> Yes, this is an announcement of a new kernel tree, linux-staging.  It is
>> a quilt series of patches that can be found at:
>> 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git

<snip>