usb test & measurement driver cleanup

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Jul 3 00:11:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:19:47PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 02:20:01PM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Greg KH <gregkh at suse.de> wrote:
> > > Thanks, it's a bit nicer to at least start out this way, if they really
> > > are just stupid messages, we can delete them later.
> >
> > Ok, attached is the version with all the debugging messages
> > put back in place. I'll start working more on this maybe next week.
>
> Thanks a lot, I've merged it into the tree.

I also did a bunch more work on the driver right now, so you might want
to refresh your version if you are going to do any more work on it.

That ioctl interface really needs to go away, I should go re-read the
spec to see if the attribute/value mess is needed.

We should also use the usb major number instead of creating our own,
that will remove a bunch of code.