[PATCH] firesat avc resend
stefanr at s5r6.in-berlin.de
Sun Aug 24 15:08:47 UTC 2008
Henrik Kurelid wrote:
>> Here is an additional patch for the firesat driver which addresses a
>> problem with AVC communication timeouts due to card tuning delays.
>> It also fixes one of the issues on the issue list with removing the
>> homebrewed down_timeout() function.
Thanks. I haven't tested it yet but it looks good to me; except for
minor things like some whitespace details and that the old
log_response_frame() and your changes to it use multiple printks for a
single line. (Can be fixed sometime later.)
For the list: I too worked on some updates yesterday. I will rebase
them on Henrik's patch and post them Monday or Tuesday:
- copyright notes,
- rename the module (but not yet the source files or variables etc.),
- update many of the #includes,
- semaphore-to-mutex conversion (needs more work because the
remote control handler tasklet is in the way),
- move hpsb_lock back into ieee1394 core where it came from.
AFAIR this would leave only
1. thorough but trivial code formatting style touch-ups,
2. file renames: firesat -> firedtv,
3. post a snapshot for review on LKML, propose for merge,
4.a API conversion of the remote control code,
4.b cleaner accessors of on-the-wire bitfields,
4.c API conversion to the new firewire stack,
4.d further stabilization and features (DVB-S2...).
to be done, IMO roughly in this order.
-=====-==--- =--- ==---
More information about the devel