on patch "DVB: add firesat driver" in staging.git

Stefan Richter stefanr at s5r6.in-berlin.de
Tue Aug 12 20:06:30 UTC 2008

Henrik Kurelid wrote on 2008-08-01:
> There was one major problem with the patch mentioned earlier. The
> isochronous setup code is commented out (I guess since it uses the
> deprecated interface.)

This interface was removed in the mainline in 2.6.23(-rc1).

> I have been doing some additional work on the driver the last weeks.
> Apart from the writing new iso setup code I have added CI descrambling
> support and some CI MMI support. I have created a patch at
> http://firesat.kurelid.se/firesat-ci-2.6.24.3-v3.patch with my additions.
> (It is to be applied after the patch at
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/patches/bad/ldp/dvb-add-firesat-driver.patch).

I now took the "current" version of dvb-add-firesat-driver.patch from
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git;a=blob;f=dvb-add-firesat-driver.patch
(this is the version you used plus device-recognition.patch from
http://firedtv.bbackx.com/index.php?q=node/5 ), also applied Ben's other
patch for DVB-S on DVB-S2 devices, and then applied your patch.  I got
two rejects which looked trivial.  I also removed all trailing
whitespace from your patch.  The result is temporarily available here:
http://user.in-berlin.de/~s5r6/linux1394/firedtv/

Henrik, could you please test if this version still works?

Also, please look at the changelog of
04-firesat-update-isochronous-interface-add-ci-support.patch and send me
a Signed-off-by line for it if everything is OK.  Also remember to add a
good changelog and your Signed-off-by (with the implications as stated
in linux/Documentation/SubmittingPatches) when you send additional patches.

Thanks,
--
Stefan Richter