on patch "DVB: add firesat driver" in staging.git

Stefan Richter stefanr at s5r6.in-berlin.de
Thu Aug 7 20:07:20 UTC 2008

Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> I recommend renaming the whole module to firedtv before doing that.
> Firesat was the internal project name when it was DVB-S only. Currently,
> the device is called FireDTV, due to options for DVB-T and DVB-C. Naming
> the module the same as the device would reduce confusion.

Sounds plausible.

I'll try to set aside some time on the weekend to pick up the patch from
staging, add Henrik's patch, add copyright notices, rename the driver,
try to build it on top of current linux-next, maybe do some trivial
style cleanups, then ask on lkml and the relevant topic lists for
inclusion into linux-next.

Henrik, Ben, or anybody else who happens to have some work in flight,
don't wait for me to push something out.  I will surely be able to merge
whatever you come up with in the meantime.  Of course feel free to stop
me if you have other plans.  :-)  If there is something to talk about
more directly, you can also ping me on IRC at freenode.  I'm away during
work hours though.
--
Stefan Richter