Change in how projects are going to work.

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:58:21 UTC 2008

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 21:27:18 -0700
> Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> > > Yuck ! you mean to say , to write drivers similarly to your tm6000 hack.c?
> > >
> > > (LOL, Just happened to have a loud fart !)
> > >
> > > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/tm6000/file/499c88f177c1/linux/drivers/media/video/tm6000/hack.c
> >
> > Heh, that's too funny!  And here I thought only I wrote code for USB
> > devices like that :)
>
> Yes, it is funny ;)
>
> Just a side note:
>
> As marked on the changeset that introduced this hack [1], this code and the
> rest of the DVB code were written by Michael Ludwig. I didn't have time yet to
> look at the DVB part of the driver. I've just received this week my first
> tm6000-based device with DVB.
>
> The big issue here is that he couldn't get the proper documentation for Zarlink
> 10353. It seems that tm6000 needs to program different parameters than the
> other DVB bridges. Also, tm6000 doesn't seem to be reliable enough to allow
> reading something from I2C.
>
> The proper solution here is to remove this hack, and add support at the
> existing mt352 driver. However, for doing this, we need more information.
>
> That part of Zarlink were bought by Intel. I've already tried to get Intel, in
> order to their datasheets without success.
>
> We are also lacking contact on Trident, to get their datasheets. So, the driver
> are being written based on the listened traffic at USB bus, generated by a M$
> driver.
>
> Maybe someone at the list may help us to get those datasheets.

this is funny I'm aware that several developers have the zl10353 and
mt352 specs. I have had it for around 2 years now (if not longer).
I think I even saw the intel specs online a longer time ago, I just
wondered that I found some previously undocumented registers in it,
this was a couple of months ago.

Markus