USB v4l driver rework needed

Aubin LaBrosse aubin at stormboxes.com
Thu Apr 10 04:26:34 UTC 2008

Greg KH wrote:
> <breaking threading so people wake up...>
>
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 09:48:53AM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:18:32 -0700
>> Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

>>> This is an older driver for hardware not made anymore, but might be nice
>>> to get into the tree.  It's my lowest priority right now.
>>>
>> I agree that it is interesting to merge it. But this will need someone with enough
>> time to dedicate. Volunteers?
>>

> If anyone wants to help out with this, please take a look at the above
> patch and let me know.
>
> I'm swamped with other work in this tree, as well as getting wireless
> usb merged in, so am lacking in the time for this specific driver.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

well, i was just telling Mauro off-list that I was interested in getting
into V4L/DVB, but I don't have hardware to test.  so if there's a sample
somewhere that can be mailed out, I'm game, else I'll have to take on
one of the "non-hardware" projects in V4L.  also, I'm a kernel noob, so
if you don't think I can do it as a first project, I might have to pass
(but I'm a quick study, so I might be able to handle it - it'll be slow
though - not cause I don't have the time, but because I'll be learning
the whole way)

-aubin