Linux Driver Project Status Report as of April 2008

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Apr 9 04:20:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 03:04:58PM +0200, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> Very very well put.  I strongly support this idea of "base", "common"
> or "centralized" h/w compatibility list (and correspondence between
> hardware make and model and driver name).

Too bad it's pretty much an impossible task :)

It's been tried before, and failed.  If anyone wants to try this again,
please at least study what failed before and seriously reconsider the
idea, it is something that I personally think can never be achieved, you
will _always_ be playing catchup.

good luck,