SAS developers wanted

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Sep 27 15:53:55 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a request here from some of the kernel SCSI/SATA developers for
some help with some new SAS driver development.  I think they have the
full specs for the devices, and need some help implementing the code.

You will work with the kernel maintainers on this project, so you don't
have to be an expert in any way in the area, but at least have some
knowledge of how disk/scsi/ata drivers work on Linux.

I would not recommend this as a "first-time Linux driver author" project
right now, sorry.  I do have other requests in the pipeline that are
good for people without much, if any, kernel development experience, so
don't fret, your time will come :)

If you're interested, please email me either on-list or off and I'll put
you in contact with the proper kernel people.