devices that aren't supported on linux

Sven Dowideit SvenDowideit at home.org.au
Tue Oct 23 04:27:49 UTC 2007

If you're looking for more work :)

I'm wondering if there is some way we can create an automated smoketest
system, especially for less common devices.

For example, I have an IBM thinkpad t21, and docking station that I
rarely use (my t42p is somehow more fun :)), but every now and then I do
turn it on, and find that the support for the docking station comes and
goes. The last time I tried it for real, it was swapping
the /dev/hda /dev/hdd disk's depending on docked / undocked - things
like that.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions that they think would make the wiki
easier to use - I am a TWiki Dev, and quite happy to help when time
permits.

Sven

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 20:57 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So far we have relied on companies coming to us with requests for
> drivers, but as we have currently seen, that is enough for a few drivers
> to be written, but we need more!
>
> So, to help this out, let's start collecting a list of all known Linux
> hardware that is not supported on Linux.  I've created a page on the
> wiki at:
> 	http://linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DriversNeeded
> (yeah, we gotta find a way to shorten that url, anyone know twiki
> configuration files?)
>
> to start adding devices that you know of.  Once some patterns start to
> emerge, I'll approach the companies to try to work with them to get some
> more drivers written.
>
> Oh, and if you don't want to edit the wiki, you can just respond to this
> thread, or email me your suggestions, and I'll be glad to add them to
> the list.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h
>
> p.s. I'm supposed to be on vacation for the rest of the month, so my
Professional Wiki Innovation and Support
Sven Dowideit - http://DistributedINFORMATION.com
A WikiRing Partner http://wikiring.com