Out of tree drivers

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Mon Oct 22 07:51:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

Clemens Ladisch:
> Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> > Greg KH:
> > > 	lirc			(not going upstream due to developer not
> > > 				wanting it there.)
> >
> > Should we actually *care* what the developer wants?
>
> Of course we should.  According to <http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/2/1/373>
> and <http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/2/3/180>, the problem is mostly lack of
> developer time to make the code ready for the kernel, which is
> _exactly_ what we're talking about here.

Ahem. I was writing that in the context of GregKH's apparently-mistaken
impression of "developer not wanting it there".

If the problem is anything else, as in this case, of course I'm all for
working with the developer, instead of ignoring them.

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -
Republicans usually wear hats and clean their paint brushes.