Out of tree drivers [was Re: Larger projects]

Tabish Mustufa tabishm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:43:40 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> Ok, what others do people know about?  How about we start a list here.
> Here are ones that I know about:
>         comedi

I'm reasonably familiar with comedi's internals, and one of the
reasons for keeping it out of tree is that it includes support for a
couple different realtime extensions to Linux -- and realtime support
is critical for some data acquisition applications.

In any case, comedi has a reasonably active developer community.  I'll
ping their mailing list to see if there's any interest in joining the
kernel proper.

-Tabish