[PRJ007] tty over TCP driver needed

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Oct 17 23:20:47 UTC 2007

A: No.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 06:53:07PM -0400, Jay York wrote:
> Can you say, "telnet?"  Can you say, "pty?"

I might be totally missing something, but how to you send line speed and
flow control settings over telnet?  Even with a pty, you can't do that.

Here's a bit more information.  This device is a box, that you plug a
ethernet cable into, and a serial port comes out of.  On the remote end,
you connect to the device, and it needs to look like you are directly
controling that serial port, line settings and flow control and all.

Just like a usb-serial device, but instead of USB, you are using TCP as
the transport layer.

With those requirements, can telnet and a pty still implement this?