Status report, October 16, 2007

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Oct 16 22:51:56 UTC 2007

Ok, I should be doing status reports, so here's my first cut at what is
happening and what is going on so far.  I'll try to do these every few
weeks, and I also encourage the project managers of active projects to
also do this.

First off, I'm going to try to keep the list of current projects up at:
	http://linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ProjectStatus
but will use email to announce new projects.  That page will just be a
short summary about the different projects, and what is going on with
them.

Project managers, feel free to flesh out the individual pages for the
projects if you wish.  But note, please do not post company information
or data sheets unless the company explicitly says it is ok.  The
majority of the companies working with us don't want the fact that they
are using us to be all that public, for various reasons.

Currently, I'm talking with about 3-4 new companies about more projects,
and am working on a list of external modules that need to get cleaned up
and added to the kernel tree that this project can help out with.

But what we are really lacking right now is more companies involvement.
If anyone can think of a way to drum up more company interest, please
let me know.

So, here's the current projects, and what is going on with them.
Project managers, feel free to add more information.

---------
Project 001
Project Manager: Frank <codemonkey at soapweed.com>
Current status from what I know:  3 developers have the data sheets and
are starting to work on the code.

---------
Project 002
Project manager: Jaya Kumar <jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com>
Current status: unknown, Jaya, any information?

---------
Project 003
Project Manager: Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg at kroah.com>
Developer: Brandon
Current Status:  Brandon is waiting for the arrival of the hardware, and
he has the data sheets for the devices.

---------
Project 004
Project Manager: Unknown
Developer: Unknown
Current Status: I messed up and didn't assign a project manager to this
yet.  Will do so in a few minutes (one has volunteered.)  I'll then
forward on all the information from the people who offered to work on
this.

---------
Project 005
Project Manager: Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg at kroah.com>
Developer: Steve
Current status: Steve has done a lot of work and has sent the code to
Greg for review, which he now needs to do...
he has the data sheets for the devices.

---------
Project 006
Project Manager: Max
Developer: Manu
Current Status: Manu and Max are working together, don't know what the
current status is...

---------