Cirque Touchpad Driver

Indan Zupancic indan at nul.nu
Thu Oct 4 00:11:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, October 4, 2007 00:31, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 12:13:53PM -0600, Vadim Klishko wrote:
>>
>> I don't know if we should keep CC'ing the entire list as we start
>> discussing the details of the project. On the one hand, it could be
>> beneficial to keep everybody abreast of our progress, so someone could
>> correct us in case we are doing something wrong. On the other hand, I
>> don't really want to clutter everybody's mailboxes. Does anyone know
>> what is the commonly accepted practice in this regard?
>
> For technical things about the project, I suggest keeping that to
> yourself.  If you need more help, or need review of code, or have any
> questions that you can not answer between you and your group of
> developers, feel free to ask them on the list and we will be glad to
> help you out.

Just an idea, but perhaps a new list can be made just for this kind of
posts. That way people who are interested in it can follow it, but this
list is kept clean.

It also documents why the driver is as it is, so that future devs can look
it up and see all the reasoning about why it as it is. Another advantage
is that if specs are unclear and explained via email, it can be found back
on that list.

And of course curious people wanting to know how it goes can watch it.

Regards,

Indan