Plantronics cs60-usb wireless headset

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Sat Nov 24 00:03:40 UTC 2007

Hi list,

Maybe a bit offtopic...

 From my understanding the cs60-usb is seen by linux as a composite
device, with audio device and hid:
	usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
	drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed
	drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: timeout initializing reports
	input: Plantronics CS50/CS60-USB Headset as /class/input/input8
	input,hiddev0: USB HID v1.00 Device [Plantronics CS50/CS60-USB
	Headset] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1
Attached is the lsusb -v result for the device.

Audio  works fine (with snd_usb_audio), and I was able to access the
various buttons (pickup/answer, mute, volume) from userspace (using
/dev/hiddev0 or /dev/input/eventX).

Now there's one more functionnality available on Windows: when the
handset is on base and a calls comes in, the base rings. Is this doable
from a Linux program ?

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527